Last Updated on March 28, 2021
Some Insider Tips Before You Plan Your Trip
* Cappadocia is situated in the middle of Turkey, in central Anatolia.
* Cappadocia is not a city! So you can’t search for travel options such as airport, railway station, etc. with the name Cappadocia.
* Cappadocia is the name of the very big region spread through the cities of Nevsehir, Kirsehir, Nigde, Aksaray and Kayseri.
* Tourists stay at the towns of Avanos, Goreme, Urgup and Uchisar in Cappadocia and they are all situated within the borders of the Nevsehir city.
* There are NO direct international flights for Cappadocia region. Nearest local airports are situated in the cities of Nevsehir and Kayseri. You can find direct domestic flights to these cities from Istanbul and Izmir.
* Nevsehir Kapadokya Airport is the closest one (44 km.) to the Cappadocia, while you can find more flights to Kayseri Airport (74,5 km.).
* Plane or Bus are the best ways to get to Cappadocia from Istanbul and Izmir.
* From Ankara, you can take bus or car rental to get to Cappadocia, as you can find direct international flights to Ankara Esenboga Airport (ESB).
Cappadocia By Air
via Nevsehir Kapadokya Airport (NAV)
You can find direct domestic round flights to Nevsehir Kapadokya Airport (NAV);
* from Izmir (Adnan Menderes Airport (ADB)) by AnadoluJet during summer season.
Nevsehir Kapadokya Airport (NAV) is situated about 44 km. from Goreme and 30 km. from central Nevsehir. You can easily access to all regions of Cappadocia within 20-30 minutes from Nevsehir Kapadokya Airport.
via Kayseri Airport (ASR)
You can find direct domestic round flights to Kayseri Airport (ASR);
Kayseri Airport is situated about 75 km. from Goreme and 88 km. from central Nevsehir. You can easily access to all regions of Cappadocia within 1 hour from Kayseri Airport.
Airport Transfers to Cappadocia
As Cappadocia region is NOT a metropolitan one, mostly has a rural life, we highly recommend you take airport transfers to get to your hotel in Avanos, Goreme, Uchisar or Urgup town of Cappadocia. So that you can have a safe, comfortable and easy transport option to your hotel.
The Shared Shuttle (about €8 per person) or Private Shuttle (about €50 per person) is the most comfortable and convenient way to travel between the airports and Cappadocia + all neighboring regions.
We listed below the trusted and authorized airport transfer companies’ offers that you can arrange your transfer with confidence.
by Private & Shared Shuttles
Shared Shuttles are the most practical and economic (in comparison to private shuttles) way to get to Cappadocia (Goreme, Urgup, Uchisar, Cavusin and Avanos) from both Nevsehir Kapadokya and Kayseri Airport.
You can save money on taxis and avoid the hassle of public transport and heavy luggage. There is a meet and greet at the airport service. The driver meets you holding a plate with the traveler name at the exit gate.
If you are a group or a family with kids or having lots of luggage with you, than we highly recommend you to take private shuttle transfers for your hotel.
Private Shuttles offer a fixed rate, comfortable and safe transfer that include meet-and-greet airport pickups and luggage assistance to your hotel from both Nevsehir Kapadokya and Kayseri Airport to your hotel in Cappadocia (Goreme, Urgup, Uchisar, Cavusin and Avanos), or vice versa.
You’ll get assisted with your luggage and the shuttle will depart from the airport after everyone gets ready. You’ll be dropped to your hotel’s door. A great service with a good value for money.
Below you can make a search from the search box under to entire Cappadocia region to find the prefect private shuttle and transfer service from Kayseri Airport (ASR) to your hotel in Cappadocia and vice versa. If you’ll arrive Kayseri Airport than choose city as Kayseri, and if you’ll arrive Nevsehir Airport, than choose Nevsehir.
Cappadocia By Bus
You can take bus for Nevsehir city to get to Cappadocia, but note that it will a long trip especially from Istanbul and Izmir. You can prefer taking bus to Cappadocia from Ankara or Konya.
* From Istanbul, it will take about 10 to 12 hours to get to Cappadocia (Nevsehir) by bus, about 730 km. There are two Intercity Bus Terminals in Istanbul, one in European side named Istanbul Otogar in Esenler, and other one in Asian side named Harem Otogar in Uskudar.
* From Ankara, it will take about 4 hours to get to Cappadocia (Nevsehir) by bus, about 300 km. Ankara’s Intercity Bus Terminal named ASTI in Bestepe.
Cappadocia By Train
There is no train station near Cappadocia region. Nearest train station is Kayseri (about 71 km from Goreme). From Kayseri train station, you should take transfer or bus to get to Cappadocia.
High Speed Train
High Speed Trains in Turkey currently operate between;
* Ankara-Istanbul-Ankara (4 hour 30 mins for Anatolian side, 5 hour 20 mins for European side)
* Ankara-Eskişehir-Ankara (1 hour 30 mins)
* Ankara-Konya-Ankara (1 hour 45 mins)
* Konya-Istanbul-Konya (4 hour 50 mins for Anatolian side, 5 hour 40 mins for European side)
Unfortunately there are no high speed train operating for Kayseri. at the moment. The Ankara-Kayseri-Sivas High Speed Train route is under construction.
You can take these trains to get to Ankara or Konya, and than take bus (for about 4 to 5 hours) or rental car (3 hour) to get to Cappadocia.
Goreme is located about 300 km. from Ankara, and 237 km. from Konya.
Dogu Ekpresi (East Express)
You can take this train operating between Ankara and Kars, and hop off at Kayseri stop. Duration is about 6 hour and 24 mins. So long and we won’t recommend.
Van Golu Ekspress (Lake Van Express)
You can take this train operating between Ankara and Kars, and hop off at Kayseri stop. Duration is about 6 hour and 35 mins. So long and we won’t recommend.
Summary of All
The best and the most convenient way to reach Cappadocia
* Take international flight to Istanbul, New Istanbul Airport (IST) or Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW).
* From Istanbul take domestic flight to Nevsehir, Nevsehir Kapadokya Airport (NEV).
* From Nevsehir Kapadokya Airport take airport transfer to Cappadocia.