Some Insider Tips Before You Plan Your Trip
* Cappadocia is situated in the middle of Turkey, in central Antolia.
* Cappadocia is not a city! So you can’t search for travel options such as airport, railway station, etc. with the name Cappadocia.
* Cappadocia is the name of the very big region spread through the cities of Nevsehir, Kirsehir, Nigde, Aksaray and Kayseri.
* Tourists stay at the towns of Avanos, Goreme, Urgup and Uchisar in Cappadocia and they are all situated within the borders of the Nevsehir city.
* There are NO direct international flights for Cappadocia region. Nearest local airports are situated in the cities of Nevsehir and Kayseri. You can find direct domestic flights to these cities from Istanbul and Izmir.
* Plane or Bus are the best ways to get to Cappadocia from Istanbul and Izmir.
* From Ankara, you can take bus or car rental to get to Cappadocia, as you can find direct international flights to Ankara Esenboga Airport (ESB).
Cappadocia By Air
For getting to Cappadocia by air, you should fly to one of the two nearby airports; Nevsehir Kapadokya Airport (NEV) or Kayseri Airport (ASR).
via Nevsehir Kapadokya Airport (NEV)
You can find direct domestic round flights to Nevsehir Kapadokya Airport (NEV);
* from Izmir (Adnan Menderes Airport (ADB)) by AnadoluJet during summer season.
Nevsehir Kapadokya Airport (NEV) is situated about 44 km. from Goreme and 30 km. from central Nevsehir. You can easily access to all regions of Cappadocia within 20-30 minutes from Nevsehir Kapadokya Airport.
via Kayseri Erkilet Airport (ASR)
You can find direct domestic round flights to Kayseri Erkilet Airport (ASR);
Kayseri Airport is situated about 75 km. from Goreme and 88 km. from central Nevsehir. You can easily access to all regions of Cappadocia within 1 hour from Kayseri Airport.
Airport Transfers to Cappadocia
As Cappadocia region is NOT a metropolitan one, mostly has a rural life, we highly recommend you take airport transfers to get to your hotel in Avanos, Goreme, Uchisar or Urgup town of Cappadocia. So that you can have a safe, comfortable and easy transport option to your hotel.
We listed below the trusted and authorized airport transfer companies’ offers that you can arrange your transfer with confidence.
Cappadocia Private & Shared Airport Transfer Services
by GET YOUR GUIDE
Private Nevsehir Airport to Goreme Shuttle Service
by KIWI TAXI
Cappadocia By Bus
You can take bus for Nevsehir city to get to Cappadocia, but note that it will a long trip especially from Istanbul and Izmir. You can prefer taking bus to Cappadocia from Ankara or Konya.
* From Istanbul, it will take about 10 to 12 hours to get to Cappadocia (Nevsehir) by bus, about 730 km. There are two Intercity Bus Terminals in Istanbul, one in European side named Istanbul Otogar in Esenler, and other one in Asian side named Harem Otogar in Uskudar.
* From Ankara, it will take about 4 hours to get to Cappadocia (Nevsehir) by bus, about 300 km. Ankara’s Intercity Bus Terminal named ASTI in Bestepe.
Cappadocia By Train
There is no train station near Cappadocia region. Nearest train station is Kayseri (about 71 km from Goreme). From Kayseri train station, you should take transfer or bus to get to Cappadocia.
High Speed Train
High Speed Trains in Turkey currently operate between;
* Ankara-Istanbul-Ankara (4 hour 30 mins for Anatolian side, 5 hour 20 mins for European side)
* Ankara-Eskişehir-Ankara (1 hour 30 mins)
* Ankara-Konya-Ankara (1 hour 45 mins)
* Konya-Istanbul-Konya (4 hour 50 mins for Anatolian side, 5 hour 40 mins for European side)
Unfortunately there are no high speed train operating for Kayseri. at the moment. The Ankara-Kayseri-Sivas High Speed Train route is under construction.
You can take these trains to get to Ankara or Konya, and than take bus (for about 4 to 5 hours) or rental car (3 hour) to get to Cappadocia.
Goreme is located about 300 km. from Ankara, and 237 km. from Konya.
Dogu Ekpresi (East Express)
You can take this train operating between Ankara and Kars, and hop off at Kayseri stop. Duration is about 6 hour and 24 mins. So long and we won’t recommend.
Van Golu Ekspress (Lake Van Express)
You can take this train operating between Ankara and Kars, and hop off at Kayseri stop. Duration is about 6 hour and 35 mins. So long and we won’t recommend.
Summary of All
The best and the most convenient way to reach Cappadocia
* Take international flight to Istanbul, New Istanbul Airport (IST) or Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW).
* From Istanbul take domestic flight to Nevsehir, Nevsehir Kapadokya Airport (NEV).
* From Nevsehir Kapadokya Airport take airport transfer to Cappadocia.