Here you’ll find our detailed guide on how to make phone calls to and from Cappadocia and Turkey, Turkish telephone and mobile numbers information, international dialing codes for the regions in Cappadocia and Turkey.
Making Phone Calls in Cappadocia
The region is mostly known by the three popular towns of Goreme, Urgup and Uchisar but actually it is the name of the very big region spread through the cities of Nevsehir, Kirsehir, Nigde, Aksaray and Kayseri.
And the tourist part of Cappadocia belongs to Nevsehir city.
How to call Cappadocia-Turkey from abroad?
* The country code of Turkey is 90.
* All Turkish telephone numbers have 10 digits and begin with 0 followed by 3 digits city code and 7 digits local number.
* Mobile numbers starts with 0532, 0533, 0542, 0543, 0544 etc.
* There are special telephone numbers that have specific tariffs from land lines.
* The city code for Nevsehir is 0384.
* Dial the international code 00/+ followed by 90 for Turkey, and then the local area code without the first 0, and then the local number.
* Example for a Cappadocia (Nevsehir) number: +90 384 XXX XX XX.
* Note: the exit code for the US and Canada is 011
* Begin with 0 followed by 3 digits city code and 7 digits local number.
* Example for a Cappadocia (Nevsehir) number to dial within Turkey: 0384 XXX XX XX.
How to call abroad from Cappadocia-Turkey?
* Dial the international code 00/+ followed by the country code (44 for UK, 49 for Germany, 1 for US, 7 for Ukraine, 7 for Russia, 34 for Spain, etc.), and then the local area code without the first 0, and then the local number.
* Example for a Manchester with an area code of 0161 number: +44 161 followed by the local number.
Public Landline Telephones
In the Cappadocia region and whole Turkey, you are able to make phone calls via public landline telephone booths that accept credit cards or local phone cards. You are able to obtain them from the post offices or kiosks.
In addition, making international calls from these landline phones can be expensive. We recommend you to use these landline phones just only in case of something urgent and make it a quick one.
Some Useful Turkish Emergency Phone Numbers
24/7 available in case of an emergency:
- 110 – Fire
- 112 – Medical Emergency / Ambulance
- 115 – International Operator
- 118 – Directory Assistance
- 154 – Traffic Police
- 155 – Police
- 156 – Gendarme
- 158 – Coast Guard
- 159 – Highway Department
- 176 – Ministry of Culture and Tourism Communication Center
- 177 – Forest Fire