Find out the best dental clinics and dentists for Dental Veneers in Istanbul, Turkey, including what to expect, price, expert advice with our useful guides.
What is a Dental Veneer?
A dental veneer is a thin layer of porcelain that is made to fit over the front surface of a tooth.
Dental veneers are your best solution to a better appearance for your smile. They are the best choice especially if you have a chipped tooth, it gives you a better-shaped dentition.
Veneers can help with your tooth color, shape, and position. It helps to cover the front of the tooth, a thicker section is usually used when replacing a chipped tooth and also to close gaps.
For putting in veneers your dentist usually decides how many you would need, you can put in as many as 8 veneers or more, but the most common spot for putting in veneers is the front teeth.
How are dental veneers put on
- After creating your mold, your dentist will get your veneers from the lab after a week or two depending on when it is ready.
- After which an appointment will be set up for you to come in.
- Your dentist evaluates the fit, shape, and coloration of the veneers to make them perfect for you.
- Your dentist will clean your mouth thoroughly, so bacteria do not get trapped under your veneer and cause decay.
- Your dentist will use a grinding tool that helps to create a rougher texture on the tooth as the veneer goes in, this helps to make it easier for it to stick onto the tooth.
Types of Popular Dental Veneers
Dental veneers are made from different materials, porcelain or composite resin and some veneers can be made without invasive procedures and minimal alterations. Some types of veneers include;
Composite resin veneers:
This type of veneer is placed by your dentist and he etches your tooth before applying a thin layer of the composite material on your tooth. The process is then concluded when your dentist places the prepared veneer on your tooth and cements it in place.
This type of veneer is done when your dentist makes an impression on your teeth to make a mold. This mold is sent over to the lab for your porcelain veneer to be made. There are temporary veneers that can be used before the permanent ones are ready.
No prep veneers:
These are non-invasive and take less time to get ready. They usually do not require anesthesia and only the enamel of the tooth is affected.
Benefits of dental veneers
- They make your teeth look natural
- They can easily get fixed if they are damaged.
- They are strong.
- The porcelain veneers are stain-resistant.
Preparing for your dental veneer
- Before the day of the procedure, it is a good idea for you to have a prior appointment with your dentist.
- This will give both of you a chance to discuss the various options and the number of veneers to be put in.
- Your dentist can decide to have you undergo a tooth X-ray to rule out any form of gum disease or tooth decay.
What to expect with dental veneers
Before the procedure
- Before your procedure, you will have consultations with your doctor. Your dentist will first inspect your mouth to confirm you have a healthy tooth and gum.
- For patients that are used to clenching their teeth or grinding, your dentist would recommend not using a thin veneer, so it is not broken
- Your dentist will remove a little tooth enamel from your tooth
- If after the procedure, your veneers get loose, you can easily get new ones.
After your procedure
- After your dental veneer procedure, your dentist will advise you to maintain a healthy oral care
- You need to keep your teeth and gum, by performing daily flossing and brushing
- You should avoid chewing hard things to avoid breaking off your veneers
- It may take you a few days to get used to the veneers in your mouth.
When are dental veneers recommended
You would be recommended to get a dental veneer if you have any of the following issues
- If you have a chipped or broken tooth
- If you have discolored teeth caused by, excessive fluoride, stain from drugs.
- If your teeth are worn down.
How long do dental veneers last
Your dental veneers can last for a long period before the need to replace them.
Your veneer can last between 7 to 15 years if it is well taken care of.
Taking care of veneers after they are replaced
- With dental veneers, after your procedure and the anesthesia wears off, you can easily go about your normal activities, chewing and eating.
- After the veneers are applied, it may feel a little rough on the edges, when the cement is applied, it usually goes off after a few chewing and brushing, but your dentist can also smoothen them out.
Your dentist will advise you on things not to do after the procedure for them to last long.
Why get Dental Veneers in Istanbul and Turkey
Turkey can be considered as one of the best countries for dental care and dental treatments in the world.
The high quality medical services with world renowned plastic surgeons and clinics, world class private hospitals and clinics with advanced technologies, plus the very affordable prices makes Turkey and especially Istanbul a superb choice for those who are searching for an excellent Dental Veneers.
Turkey is also a popular choice among patients for its luxury hotels and affordable treatment packages. And who wouldn’t want to relax and recover in the old and beautiful city of Istanbul, as well as a short break to world famous Cappadocia?
Top Best Dental Clinics for Dental Veneers in Istanbul Turkey
For those who are in search for a high quality dental care and dental treatments in Istanbul and Turkey (also while on Cappadocia holidays), here you can read our list of the best dental clinics and dentists for Dental Veneers in Istanbul, have an idea of what they offer and decide where to go also by getting a free consultation directly from the dentists and medical team of the dental clinics.
We did our best to list the best dental clinics and dentists in Istanbul with variety of metrics such as affordable prices but very high quality service, clinics and surgeons’ popularity both in Turkey and abroad, the brand value of the clinics, certifications, aftercare services and the patients’ comments and reviews.
You can feel free to fill out the consultation form at the bottom of the page and get free quote with discount on the dental clinics we list.