Find out the best dental clinics and dentists for Dental Implants in Istanbul, Turkey, including what to expect, price, expert advice with our useful guides.
What is Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a surgical fixture that is placed into the jawbone and is fused with the bone to help replace missing tooth. It is also a replacement tooth root.
How long do dental implants last?
Dental implants can last for a long time, even a lifetime if you maintain a good oral hygiene.
What can affect dental implants?
There are some conditions or lifestyles that can affect you getting a dental implant
- Gum disease: to get your dental implant surgery done, a major criterion is healthy gum. Gum disease is an infection that can damage the gum and jawbone. You need to have any gum disease treated before the implant.
- Strong jaw bone: for your procedure to be successful, you need a sufficient bone that will support your implant. If the bones become fragile you will have risks of fractures.
- Poor oral hygiene: if you have a limitation for a full range of motion, for thoroughly cleaning your mouth, you would not be a great candidate for the dental implant.
How much does Dental Implant cost in Istanbul Turkey
Dental implants in Istanbul and Turkey cost about $5000. you will save a lot of money and the prices are beneficial because dental insurance does not cover the procedure.
How many dental implants do I need?
The number of implants that you need depends on the missing teeth. Getting a dental implant is an ideal way to replace any amount of missing teeth, from one to a full oral restoration.
How Dental Implants Procedures are performed
The procedure for receiving dental implants entails replacing the tooth roots with metal tooth posts.
- Evaluation: Your dentist will assess you to determine the optimal dental implant technique for you based on the state of your jawbone and the status of your teeth. You will specify to your doctor how many and what kind of implants you desire. All of your medical issues and the prescription drugs you are taking must be discussed with your doctor.
- Tooth Extraction: Before inserting the dental implants, your dentist will need to remove any teeth that need to be replaced. Because anesthesia is required for this treatment, your doctor will go over the many alternatives and help you decide which one is best for you. You won’t experience any pain—just pressure. Following the procedure, you should refrain from using a straw to drink, smoking, blowing your nose, and spitting.
- Inserting the dental implants and bone grafting: There are two types of dental implants. The first goes directly to your jawbone and the other goes directly under your gum gumline jaw needs to be strong enough to have the first procedure done, because the pressure from chewing puts pressure on the implant, which is why strong bone is necessary to safeguard it.
- Placement of the abutment: The abutment is the connector that will serve as the foundation for your prosthetic teeth. Your surrounding gum will need at least two weeks to heal after this surgery.
- Restoration attachment: Your dentist will now attach the last restoration to the abutment to complete the procedure once your jaw has healed completely. To replace a missing tooth, it may be necessary to use a crown, bridge, or implant-supported dentures, depending on the specific demands of the tooth.
- Once your gums have fully recovered, your dentist will take additional impressions of your mouth and the remaining teeth to help you choose your replacement artificial teeth. These impressions are employed to give the crown a natural-looking appearance. You can select a tooth that can be withdrawn with ease or one that is fixed, meaning it is permanently screwed or cemented into the abutment implant, according to how you like it.
After the surgery
- It’s typical to experience some soreness following surgery.
- You can experience mild bleeding, minor gum swelling, slight bruising, and minor pain at the implant site.
- Following your procedure, you should only consume soft meals and use ice packs to reduce swelling.
- Avoid cigarettes to avoid tooth stains and infections of the root canals.
- To keep your implants safe, you must practice good oral hygiene.
- Along with brushing your teeth twice a day, you should floss every day.
- Steer clear of hard candies, which can quickly harm your implants.
Recovery time for Dental Implants
The recovery time for dental implants is 2 to 3 months. The tooth heals under the gum, and it integrates into the jawbone. During your recovery time, you would need to maintain oral hygiene and medicate as instructed by your doctor.
Why get Dental Implants in Istanbul and Turkey
Turkey can be considered as one of the best countries for dental care and dental treatments in the world. Getting dental treatment in Turkey is a great choice because of the world-class and top dental professionals and its affordability.
Turkey is the best holiday destination so you can enjoy the sights and have a wonderful holiday after your treatment.
The high quality medical services with world renowned plastic surgeons and clinics, world class private hospitals and clinics with advanced technologies, plus the very affordable prices makes Turkey and especially Istanbul a superb choice for those who are searching for an excellent Dental Implants.
Turkey is also a popular choice among patients for its luxury hotels and affordable treatment packages. And who wouldn’t want to relax and recover in the old and beautiful city of Istanbul, as well as a short break to world famous Cappadocia?
Top Best Dental Clinics for Dental Implants in Istanbul Turkey
For those who are in search for a high quality dental care and dental treatments in Istanbul and Turkey (also while on Cappadocia holidays), here you can read our list of the best dental clinics and dentists for Dental Implants in Istanbul, have an idea of what they offer and decide where to go also by getting a free consultation directly from the dentists and medical team of the dental clinics.
We did our best to list the best dental clinics and dentists in Istanbul with variety of metrics such as affordable prices but very high quality service, clinics and surgeons’ popularity both in Turkey and abroad, the brand value of the clinics, certifications, aftercare services and the patients’ comments and reviews.
You can feel free to fill out the consultation form at the bottom of the page and get free quote with discount on the dental clinics we list.