Find out the best clinics and surgeons for Liposuction (Laser+Vaser) in Istanbul, Turkey, including what to expect, price, expert advice.
What is Liposuction & What to Expect?
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery where fat is broken down and sucked out from the body. The fat is removed through a hollow instrument, this is called a cannula and is inserted under the skin. The cannula is attached to a high-pressure vacuum that is used to suck out the fat.
Liposuction can also be used to treat some types of conditions:
- Extreme weight loss
What part of my body can I get a liposuction.
There are a lot of areas where fat can be removed:
- The hips and thighs
- The abdominal and waist circumference
- The upper arm
- The neck
Some things you need to know before getting liposuction.
- With liposuction, it will take a week to 2 weeks for recovery.
- After your surgery, you will need specially made corsets that you will use for about 4 to 8 weeks depending on the amount of adipose taken out of you.
- Your sutures will be removed within one-week post-surgery.
- You can go back to your daily activities after 3 weeks and normal exercises after 4 weeks.
What type of liposuction is best for you
- Vaser Liposuction (Vaser):
This is the most common type of way to remove excess fat. Ultrasonic waves are used to disintegrate adipocytes, and a specialized tool is used to pump them out.
- Laser liposuction:
Your surgeon will make a small puncture on your abdomen or thighs and introduces a probe that destroys the adipose tissue using a laser and the rest of the fat is then removed from the body naturally.
- Radio Frequency Liposuction:
This is another method of removing fat from the body, it is used for folds in the waist, buttocks, and inner thighs.
- Ultrasonic Liposuction:
The part of your body with the fat is treated with ultrasound and the fat is removed through small punctures in the skin with a vacuum pump.
How long does the liposuction procedure
This procedure usually lasts from 1 hour to about 4 to 5 hours, this timeline depends on how many areas of the body you would want the fat to be removed from. This procedure is usually performed under anesthesia.
Benefits of liposuction
- Your health is improved because having liposuction makes it less likely that you’ll experience serious health issues.
- With reduced fat cells in your body, it reduces the risks associated with weight, including diabetes and occasionally cardiac issues.
- It helps to complement other procedures
- Due to the very small incisions and the hidden locations of the incisions, there is little to no scarring.
How is Liposuction performed?
- Anesthesia: anesthesia is used to make you feel comfortable, and your doctor will recommend the best type for you.
- The incision for liposuction is small.
- To help stop the bleeding and lessen the trauma, a local anesthetic is injected.
- To remove extra fat, a cannula or hollow tube is inserted and moved carefully back and forth.
- The body’s fat is removed with the use of a surgical vacuum or syringe that is coupled to the cannula.
When the swelling and fluid retention subside, the effect of your body contour will be visible.
What to expect with liposuction
- Your surgeon draws lines and circles on your body to help remove any extra fat.
- The type of liposuction method that will be used, is determined if you have had previous body procedures.
During the procedure
This procedure can last for some hours depending on how much fat your doctors have to remove.
After the procedure
- You will notice some swelling, and bruising and feel mild pain and soreness.
- Your doctor will have prescribed pain medication for the pain and antibiotics to help deal with any infection.
Days after your liposuction.
- After your surgery, for a few days, you will feel some level of pain and your body might feel sore.
- A compression garment will be provided for you and some plastic bandages to wrap around the areas you had your surgery on.
- You will be advised to wear the garments, so you do not have swelling and your body can take to its new shape.
- Some drains will be put at the point where the surgery was done, this is done so that fluid will not build around the incision point.
- You will be taught how to use the drains so they will not be infected.
Week 1 to 2 after your liposuction.
- Your first week after your surgery, the pain and soreness will reduce
- You should allow your body to rest well.
- You should always wear your garment during this period.
- Depending on the type of job you do, you can return to work if it is a low pressure job.
Week 3 to 5
A month after your liposuction surgery, you will not feel pain or soreness, and you will notice the visible results.
Why get Liposuction in Istanbul and Turkey
Turkey can be considered as one of the best countries for a plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic operations and treatments in the world.
The high quality medical services with world renowned plastic surgeons and clinics, world class private hospitals and clinics with advanced technologies, plus the very affordable prices makes Turkey and especially Istanbul a superb choice for those who are searching for an excellent Liposuction operation.
Turkey is also a popular choice among patients for its luxury hotels and affordable treatment packages. And who wouldn’t want to relax and recover in the old and beautiful city of Istanbul, as well as a short break to world famous Cappadocia?
Top Best Clinics & Surgeons for Liposuction in Istanbul Turkey
For those who are in search for a high quality plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic operations and treatments in Istanbul and Turkey (also while on Cappadocia holidays), here you can read our list of the best clinics and surgeons for a Liposuction (Laser or Vaser) in Istanbul, have an idea of what they offer and decide where to go also by getting a free consultation directly from the surgeons, dermatologists and medical team of the clinics.
We did our best to list the best clinics and surgeons in Istanbul with variety of metrics such as affordable prices but very high quality service, clinics and surgeons’ popularity both in Turkey and abroad, the brand value of the clinics, certifications, aftercare services and the patients’ comments and reviews.
You can feel free to fill out the consultation form at the bottom of the page and get free quote with discount on the clinics we list.