Find out the best clinics and surgeons for Gastric Balloon in Istanbul, Turkey, including what to expect, price, advice.
What is Gastric Balloon & What to Expect?
Gastric Balloon in is an intragastric or belly balloon which is a soft balloon that is placed into your stomach through your mouth using an endoscope. It is a non-invasive procedure.
Who can get the gastric balloon
The gastric balloon procedure can be done on you if:
- You can tolerate the endoscopy
- if you do not want an invasive procedure
- If you have a BMI of 40.
Gastric balloon procedure
- Your doctor will use a special spray to numb your throat or there is an option for you to use anesthesia and be put to sleep.
- Your doctor will insert a plastic mouth guard between your teeth to keep your mouth open for the scope.
- The scope passes through your mouth, into your stomach. This is not painful and you will still be able to breathe
- The scope is then removed
- The deflated balloon will be passed into your stomach and is then inflated with air or a saline solution
- Your doctor will then pass the scope into your stomach one more time to make sure the balloon is in the right place.
Why gastric balloon procedure is done.
The gastric balloon procedure is done solely to help you lose excess fat and shed unwanted weight, this is done with an intragastric balloon being placed into your tummy.
Losing weight can help you to reduce your risk of serious weight-related issues, that are caused because of;
- Heart disease or stroke
- Type 2 diabetes
- High blood pressure
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
Things to know about your gastric balloon
There are ways that you will have to prepare for your procedure, your healthcare team will give you the instructions that you need to follow to be ready
- You will have some tests to run.
- You will lose a moderate amount of weight after your surgery
- After 3 months you would have lost about 15% of your excess weight
- After 6 months you would have lost 30% of your excess weight
- The amount of weight that you lose could be more or less.
- The gastric balloon is usually removed after about 6 months, maintaining the weight loss depends on your lifestyle modification and diet.
Benefits of gastric balloon surgery.
- This procedure helps you to easily lose weight
- This is a non-invasive procedure, so there will be no scars or incisions.
- The recovery time after this procedure is shorter and you can resume work and other activities after a short time.
- This procedure does not cause any permanent change to your stomach or digestive tract.
- It makes you feel full quicker and reduces your appetite.
The Gastric Balloon removal procedure
- The removal of the gastric balloon takes about 20 to 30 minutes and is similar to the insertion process.
- The scope will be passed through your mouth to deflate the balloon
- The balloon is then removed from your mouth
After the procedure
- You can go home the same day.
- You might have a bit of a sore throat because the endoscope was passed through your throat.
- You will be fully recovered after 3days and ready to get back to work
- You will need to stick with a weight loss plan and maintain your diet to keep your desired weight.
What to expect with Gastric Balloons.
Before the procedure
- Your doctor will inform you not to drink anything 6 hours before your procedure and avoid meals 8 hours before your surgery.
- It can be done in an outpatient clinic and takes around 20 minutes to complete.
- Your doctor will recommend some medications for acid reflux and nausea.
What to expect after a gastric balloon
- You will have less room for meals when the gastric balloon is implanted.
- You’ll feel fuller between meals if you eat less, which will help you lose weight.
- You will reduce your weight if you combine this with exercise.
- Your diet for the first three days following surgery, must only include water.
- You can resume eating soft foods and consuming 8 cups of liquids between meals after 4 days.
- Depending on how your stomach responds to the foreign item in it, you’ll be able to go back to work after a few days.
- You will need to start a new lifestyle that will include exercising.
When the gastric balloon is placed in your abdomen, it works by making you feel full faster and slowing down the time for you to empty your stomach.
The amount of weight you lose depends on how many lifestyle changes you make with your diet and exercise.
Why get Gastric Balloon in Istanbul and Turkey
Turkey can be considered as one of the best countries for obesity and weight loss treatments in the world.
The high quality medical services with world renowned plastic surgeons and clinics, world class private hospitals and clinics with advanced technologies, plus the very affordable prices makes Turkey and especially Istanbul a superb choice for those who are searching for an excellent Gastric Balloon operation.
Turkey is also a popular choice among patients for its luxury hotels and affordable treatment packages. And who wouldn’t want to relax and recover in the old and beautiful city of Istanbul, as well as a short break to world famous Cappadocia?
Top Best Clinics & Surgeons for Gastric Balloon in Istanbul Turkey
For those who are in search for a high quality obesity and weight loss treatments in Istanbul and Turkey (also while on Cappadocia holidays), here you can read our list of the best clinics and surgeons for a gastric balloon in Istanbul, have an idea of what they offer and decide where to go also by getting a free consultation directly from the surgeons and medical team of the clinics.
We did our best to list the best clinics and surgeons in Istanbul with variety of metrics such as affordable prices but very high quality service, clinics and surgeons’ popularity both in Turkey and abroad, the brand value of the clinics, certifications, aftercare services and the patients’ comments and reviews.
You can feel free to fill out the consultation form at the bottom of the page and get free quote with discount on the clinics we list.